His first Halloween, at six months- who cared.
His second Halloween, when he was to be a Marshal, he had a fever- fun
His third Halloween, he refused to wear his outfit and thought we had lost our mind to ask him to walk up to a stranger's door, ring the bell and ask for candy. It does seem a little strange, come to think of it.
This being his fourth Halloween, he may be getting the idea of why it can be fun. So this afternoon we will get dressed( not sure in what yet, as it keeps changing) and head over to some friends house where he will hopefully really enjoy his evening.
Back to the costume-About two months ago, he started talking about Halloween and what he was going to be. He wanted to be a fireman( I corrected with fire fighter). So one Sunday afternoon, we loaded up in the car and headed to Target. We found an outfit and he lived in it for about a week. He cried and did not understand why he could not wear the flannel jacket to school, it being 95 still in September. Anyway, so the last few weeks, other adults have been asking him what he was going to be for H-day, to which he has replied something different each time.. I continue to remind him that all that is great, but we bought a fire fighter costume. He has wanted to be a green lizard, a astronaut, a race car driver and I am sure several I have forgotten. I always said great. You can be a race car driver dressed up like a fire fighter for H-day. To which responded with only a very confused look.
So last night, it was time to lay out the costume for school. What to be, what to be. I placed on his bed several choices, fire fighter, construction worker, Va. Tech Football player and a wild card that I knew he would not get nor care about, Parrot Head. Those of you who are not familiar with Parrot Heads, these are avid Jimmy Buffett Fans. Well, what do you know. He left this morning very proud to be Jimmy Buffett Parrot head. He loves the song FINS and Stars on the Water. Knows the words, it is hilarious. He is now the original and only member of the Young Parrot Head club, headquartered in SE GA.
I did have to explain to him that he would probably have to tell people what he was dressed as. Unless you are at Lakewood Amphitheatre in Atlanta, swimming in a baby pool, while drinking a Corona during the middle of June, you would not be familiar with this costume. Those who have done the above, know what I am talking about..
Ok so enough typing, here is the outfit for the day..
So when it was time to get dressed to go Trick or Treating, what do you know, he wanted to be a
FIRE MAN!



No comments:
Post a Comment