Saturday, June 21, 2008
learning patience
Today was a great day. I got to spend the entire day with my little guy. We had fun. We hit the mall for some much needed new shoes. Had lunch, went to the Mr. M's favorite place to play, we call it THE BEAN. It is an indoor bouncing park. He loves it and I love watching him have so much fun. But before our big reward at THE BEAN, we had several other stores to visit. As I tried to help my little one understand that after this store or that one, we would be leaving to go jump, I found myself rushing him down the mall to get it all over with. I realized I needed to stop, listen, answer questions and enjoy the moments I was getting to have with this inquisitive little boy. He asks so many questions. For me, a trip for shoes and a book would take a mere ten minutes. We did it in an hour and a half. It was awesome. I think I learned more about being patient and observant than he did. This great day is currently including a nap for Mr. M. We have not had one of those in months. Patience pays off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment