Friday, September 19, 2008

bye bye summer...

I hope. So today, on the way to take M to school, it was 67 degrees. I am still beaming from ear to ear. For those of you who do not know, I do not enjoy the heat. I do not mind sweating if I am going for run but not just walking to the car or the mailbox. I feel sluggish in the summer and you might even say, not very nice at times. But Fall is in the air. It is time for football on Saturday, playing outside and enjoying it and I am a happy mama. This is my favorite time of year.

So last night, M started soccer. He actually started last week but we had a big rain it was cancelled. We have been talking about it, bought a new ball his size and he seemed really excited. Yesterday morning, I said, guess what, this afternoon is soccer. To which he responds, I don't want to play soccer anymore. A mere eight hours later, after school, he was fired up and ready. He put on his new shin guards all by himself and stood so proud on the field. His new favorite line after he kicked the ball in the goal was "I won."

After about ten minutes of playing, he came over and said, I really did great, I won and Mama, are the goldfish crackers still in the car, I am ready to go.. To which I replied, um, we are still waiting on your coach to arrive so practice can start bud, so go play...

Sadly, I forgot to take the camera. Promise to do so next week and will upload a few pics that are sure to be hilarious. In a few short weeks after they finish "practicing", they will begin "playing" games. This will surely be entertaining as the three-year-olds try and remember to not touch the ball with your hands and to kick in the right direction. I am sure it will a cluster of grass, dirt, tears and pure enjoyment for all the parents. It is all going by too quickly...where did my little baby go?

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I don't know where your baby went...must be time for another! (I added that in just for the family!) You're welcome...I love you, your husband, and your ONE child!